MSI as one of AMD’s official board partners has recently announced the release of its new BIOS update that is optimized for the newly-released Ryzen 3000XT series desktop processors. According to the news from MSI, the Combo PI V1 126.96.36.199 and Combo PI V2 188.8.131.52 BIOS are ready for 300, 400, and 500 series chipset motherboards and will be ready for download in the coming days.
The latest AMD Combo PI V1 version 184.108.40.206 BIOS for 300- and 400-series motherboards will be ready for users to download and update at the end of June. Regarding 500-series motherboards, Combo PI V2 version 220.127.116.11 BIOS will be released at the beginning of July. The updated BIOS updates are mainly optimized for the new Ryzen CPUs. Besides, there are several key points for the BIOS improvements.
Main Highlights For the Optimized BIOS Updates
- Support discrete graphics card identification, allowing users to successfully enter OS with AM4 CPU (w/o integrated graphics) and without having a graphics card installed.
- Solve compatibility issues for graphics card and USB sound card.
- Optimize A-XMP memory functions
- Optimize BIOS function – Memory Try It!
- Optimize FCH BCLK-related functions
The update can be done on supported 300, 400, and 500 series chipset motherboards through M-Flash or BIOS Flashback. You can refer to the official blog post at MSI to learn more about the new BIOS update and supported motherboards.