Kingston’s latest product being announced isn’t one for consumers but for data centers instead which is the DC1500M.
Strived to provide top-tier transfer performance for mixed workloads, the DC1500M is delivered in a U.2 form factor utilizing the PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe design that results in predictable random I/O outputs and latencies over multiple categories of file types. What’s important here is the stable and foreseeable results that data centers prioritize the most on top of financial-related aspects but we’ll skip that over for now. Kingston has stated that it is suitable for virtualization and web hosting due to the QoS and reliability it provides on top of many enterprise-grade features such as end-to-end data path protection, multiple namespace management, power loss protection, and telemetry monitoring – all of which data centers are looking for. Additionally, the DC1500M also joins the DC1000B, DC500, and DC450R to round up the market’s superior industrial range storage solutions.
Here’s a quick look at the spec numbers in case you are wondering.
- Capacities1: 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB, 7.68TB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 960GB – 3,100/1,700MB/s
- 1.92TB – 3,300/2,700MB/s
- 3.84TB – 3,100/2,700MB/s
- 7.68TB – 3,100/2,700MB/s
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write2:
- 960GB – 440,000/150,000 IOPS
- 1.92TB – 510,000/220,000 IOPS
- 3.84TB – 480,000/210,000 IOPS
- 7.68TB – 420,000/200,000 IOPS
- Latency:9 – Read/Write: <110 µs / <206 µs
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling: Yes
- 960GB — (1 DWPD/5yrs), (1.6 DWPD/3yrs)
- 1.92TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) , (1.6 DWPD/3yrs)
- 3.84TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) , (1.6 DWPD/3yrs)
- 7.68TB — (1 DWPD/5yrs) , (1.6 DWPD/3yrs)
Pricing and Availability
No official news regarding the Kingston DC1500M is available for Malaysia as of now but I assume only a small set of people would even seek out this kind of product as it is made for industrial use only.