Xiaomi had a product launch yesterday and what has been announced include the Mi Notebook Pro, Mi Mix 2 and Mi Note 3. First, we shall have a look at the Mi Notebook Pro, Xiaomi’s vision of the best laptop that would face against the Apple MacBook Pro.
Mi Notebook Pro
In terms of design, we can see that the Apple’s MacBook Pro is the source of inspiration for the Mi Notebook Pro. As a result, what we have here is a laptop that looks classy and minimalist. The chassis is made of magnesium alloy and weighs at 1.95kg. It comes with a 15.6-inch narrow bezel display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The IPS panel covers 72% of the NTSC colour gamut and only comes at 1080p display resolution.
Apart from that, the Mi Notebook Pro also packs with a tonne loads of features.
- 8th generation Intel Core i7/i5 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU (mobile version of GT 1030)
- Dual-channel RAM
- PCle high-speed SSD
- Full metal body with 7 integrated ports
- High-depth keyboard, premium backlighting
- 3rd gen Corning Gorilla Glass
Xiaomi is offering the Mi Notebook Pro in 3 different configurations:
- i7-8550U + 16 GB RAM: RMB 6999 (~RM 4498)
- i7-8550U + 8 GB RAM: RMB 6399 (~RM 4112)
- i5-8250U + 8 GB RAM: RMB 5599 (~RM 3598)
The laptop will go on sale in China-only from 15th September 2017 and ships with Microsoft Windows 10 (Chinese edition). No words on the availability in the overseas.
Source: MIUI Forum