KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Nov. 11, 2014 – Dell today announced innovations across its PC business designed to connect people to the content they need to maximize productivity. By introducing industry-leading tablets, an innovative “smart desk” workspace of the future, an Ultra HD 5K monitor and integrated security and manageability software solutions, Dell reaffirmed its leadership in bringing PC customers the most secure and manageable end-to-end solutions.
Dell’s momentum in its client solutions (PC) business continued during the third calendar quarter of 2014 as it registered its seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year gains in global share and grew more in the third quarter than its top two U.S. competitors combined, based on preliminary data recently released by industry analyst firm International Data Corporation (IDC)1.
“Organizations don’t ask us for a better PC or software application. They ask us to help them improve productivity, solve problems and drive better business outcomes. That’s where Dell is innovating,” Dell’s vice chairman, Operations, and president, Client Solutions, Jeff Clarke, told customers attending the Dell World Executive Summit yesterday.
Redefining the Workspace
Dell is redefining the workspace through bleeding-edge products and concepts that push traditional paradigms of how people interact with technology. The groundbreaking Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor, the world’s first display to offer Ultra HD 5K resolution (5120 x 2880), is four times the resolution of QHD and seven times the resolution of Full HD. This visually stunning display will be available in December for just $2,499.
To extend beyond the screen, Dell unveiled its conceptual “smart desk” that revolutionizes the workspace of the future by combining interactive multi-touch LCD screens with a horizontal digital work surface that ergonomically surrounds the user for natural manipulation using touch, stylus and new-generation totem-based tools. The Dell Precision-powered smart desk creates an immersive and intuitively productive experience for the user. Additionally, multiple users and individual digital desktops can be assembled around a single project for more efficient collaboration.
Dell Venue Tablets
According to a recent Harris International Tablet Survey conducted for Dell, more than one third of IT organizations surveyed are apprehensive of the time required to set up, configure, manage and secure tablets when compared to laptops. They also believe tablets are more vulnerable to viruses, software security breaches and becoming quickly outdated. IT leaders are forced to address these challenges by assembling solutions from multiple IT products and vendors. Dell provides a more efficient and cost-effective approach by integrating industry-leading security and management software capabilities with the world’s most secure and manageable tablets and PCs – one place to purchase, deploy and support entire client ecosystems.
As such, Dell is introducing updates to the popular Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 Series tablets. Venue 11 Pro tablets are designed to accelerate productivity for mobile workers and provide secure access to content beyond the corporate firewall for easy IT management. New Venue 11 Pro features include:
- 15 percent thinner and fan-less design for a light and quiet user experience;
- Extended battery life to get through the work day;
- Travel keyboard for a full laptop experience and accompanying thin keyboard for ultra-portability;
- The latest range of Intel Core M processors;
- Stunning wide-angle (1920 x 1080) FHD IPS & 10.8-inch display;
- Docking station for a traditional monitor, keyboard and mouse PC experience
The Venue 11 Pro can be configured with additional security features including two-factor authentication with integrated smartcard and fingerprint readers as well as the Dell Data Protection suite of client security software. When configured with these options, the Venue 11 Pro is the most secure and manageable Windows tablet in the industry, earning a place on the U.S. Department of Defense Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (UC APL).
Enhanced Software Suite Delivers Industry-Leading Security and Manageability
Building on its hardware leadership, the Dell Software Suite is a unified client software portfolio that works seamlessly with Dell clients or in a heterogeneous environment to deliver superior security and management. Available starting today at no additional charge for one year on Dell commercial client devices, the software suite addresses critical endpoint and mobility IT challenges by providing customers with the following capabilities:
Efficiently manage Windows devices with the ability to determine system hardware and software inventory, apply BIOS and driver updates, and view warranty information with Dell KACE K1000 Express.
Facilitate mobile worker productivity while protecting organizations from threats by enforcing access control policies that help ensure only trusted users, devices and authorized apps are granted VPN access with E-Class SRA EX Virtual Appliance, part of Dell Secure Mobile Access.
Protect end users against zero-day and phishing malware attacks. Born out of a project for advanced endpoint protection funded by the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace launches targeted applications in a virtual container. If an attack occurs, the malware is sealed off and a safe environment is restored within 20 seconds.
Provide a secure, managed environment for data and applications on Android-based tablets with Dell Mobile Management.
Pricing and Availability
- The Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor (UP2715K) will be available from 11 Dec. at RM 6,399.
- The new Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 Series starts at RM 2505 and is available today.
- The Dell Software Suite is now available on Dell commercial client.
Latest Dell Monitors
First Ultra HD 5K display – UP2715K
- The groundbreaking Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor is the first display with Ultra HD 5K resolution (5120 x 2880). Ultra HD 5K is equivalent to four times the resolution of QHD and eight times the resolution of Full HD.
- Dell PremierColor and the anti-smudge/anti-reflective edge-to-edge glass design provide true-to-life color accuracy and pristine picture quality for color-critical work.
- It also delivers immersive acoustics with two 16W integrated Harmon Kardon speakers. To optimize productivity, this highly innovative monitor offers six USB ports and one media card reader to seamlessly connect with a wide range of other peripherals.
34” Ultra Wide Curved Display – UltraSharp U3415W
- An immersive audio and visual experience
- Cinematic clarity and sharpness with WQHD 3440 x 1440 resolution and consistent colors across a wide viewing angle
- Augments visual experience with powerful 18W speakers
- Full screen viewing on huge 21:9 34″ ultra-wide screen with HDMI 2.0 connectivity
- Enjoy peace of mind with Premium Panel Guarantee (zero bright dot)
- Gain productivity from minimal downtime with 3 years Advanced Exchange Service
Dell UltraHD (4K2K) – P2415Q and P2715Q
- Even more affordable Ultra HD displays!
- 4x more resolution than Full HD
- HDMI/MHL, mini-DP / DP 1.2, DP-out
- 5x USB 3.0 (incl. 1 charging)
- Fully adjustable stand
- Premium Panel Guarantee
- The U2515H boasts QHD resolution and is factory tuned at 99% sRGB (deltaE < 3).
- Has an ultra-wide 178º/178º viewing angle, is virtually borderless and has full adjustability.
- It also comes with a Premium Panel Guarantee and a high speed USB 3.0 charging port.
Pricing of Dell Client
13 7000 Series 2-in-1
from October 2014
12 Rugged Extreme
Available from 10th June
14 Rugged Extreme
from 10th June
Available from 18th September
from 18th September
from 18th September
Pro 7000 Series
(Ultra HD 5K Display)
from 11th December
U3415W (34” UltraWide curved display)
Available from 9th December
from 27th November
Available from 27th November
from 18th December