MSI today announced the availability of its ultralight, sleek laptop that is uncompromising on performance and power packed with features – the prestige series PS42. Unveiled during Computex 2018, the machine boasts for its nearly bezel-free screen and impressive 10+ hours battery life. Performance in an unprecedented chassis, the MSI PS42 presents both simplicity and elegance.
The Prestige Series PS42
Perfect for both work and play; MSI PS42, a Creator PC as it packs with power of a heftier machine despite its small build. Incredibly light at only 1.19kg, the PS42 comes in a full metal chassis which is prestigiously finished with metallic hair-brush texture. Slim and elegant, the PS42 is set to receive envious glances from cafes to boardrooms. With an ultra-thin bezel, MSI is redefining the term “compact” by embedding the 14-inch full HD screen in a 13-inch chassis! With the bezel at 5.7mm thickness, the screen to body ratio stands at an amazing 81%.
The heart of this Creator PC is brimming with power. While many laptops in the market compromise performance for style, or vice versa, MSI has leveraged on its gaming expertise to deliver enhanced usability. Powered by the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 or i5 processor, the PS42 is also fitted with NVIDIA GeForce MX150 discrete graphics to ensure seamless hours of game playing and photo and video editing.
Users of powerful laptops often face two inconveniences: an overheating machine that drains the battery quickly. Leveraging on its gaming expertise, MSI has addressed that issue by introducing the dual exhausts thermal design called Cooling Boost 3, which has two heat fans and three heat pipes.
With enhanced power efficiency, the 4-cell 50Whr lithium polymer battery gives you up to 10 hours of on-the-go usage. To fulfil your diverse portability needs further, MSI has managed to pack in 4 USB ports (2x Type A, 2x Type C), an audio combo jack and a SD (XC/HC) card reader in this sleek machine.
|· 8th Gen.
· Intel® CoreTM i5 processor
· Windows 10 Home
· NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 2GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics
· 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD NVMe
· Ultra-light 1.19kg, Ultra-slim 15.9mm
· Thin bezel IPS-level panel
Prestige features includes:
- Powerful nifty laptop: Outstanding computing power with 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7/i5, SSD storage, full-power GeForce MX150 2GB DDR5 discrete graphics and game-level cooling system with the Cooler Boost 3 design featuring dual fans and three heat pipes
- Slim and elegant design: One of the lightest and slimmest in its category at 1.19kg, the 14” FHD screen is amazingly embedded into the 13” chassis thanks to the intricately designed narrow bezels
- Vibrant video and audio: True Colour 2.0 for next-to-perfect colour presentation, while the Nahimic 3 Audio for an immersive 7.1 surround sound cinematic experience