The wait is finally over as both the 10th Intel Gen Comet Lake-H mobile processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER GPUs for gaming laptops are finally here. As one of the partners, Lenovo Legion has also announced its latest gaming laptops, Lenovo Legion 7i and Legion 5i. From what we know, both Legion 7i and Legion 5i will be the successor to the existing Y740 and Y570 respectively.
Lenovo has yet to reveal the full specifications of its upcoming gaming laptops lineup, but we do have information from Lenovo which pointed out that the Legion 7i laptop will feature the new GeForce RTX SUPER GPUs with Max-Q Design, while the Legion 5i will only offer up to RTX 2060 for its GPU. Despite the surprising difference in GPU offered, both models will definitely come with the latest 10th gen Intel Comet Lake-H mobile processors.
While the RTX SUPER seems to be available only on the higher-end Legion 7i, both laptops will still offer support for NVIDIA G-SYNC and the benefit of the new Max-Q design, notably the Advanced Optimus, Dynamic Boost and DLSS 2.0 which helps to extend the battery life for long hours of usage. Here’s a quick recap in case if you’re still not familiar with the new features in NVIDIA’s new Max-Q design:
- Dynamic Boost — Intelligently and automatically balances power between the GPU and CPU on a per-frame basis, boosting overall in-game performance. Dynamic Boost is automatic, adaptive and always working to deliver more performance without increasing system power consumption.
- Low-Voltage GDDR6 — NVIDIA has worked with its memory partners to increase memory efficiency while delivering high performance with new lower voltage GDDR6 memory.
- Advanced Optimus — A breakthrough display innovation that delivers long battery life and immersive, stutter-free gameplay from NVIDIA G-SYNC technology. Advanced Optimus controls which GPU is driving the display and intelligently determines the right GPU for the right workload at the right time, dynamically switching on the fly without needing a system reboot. The new lineup of LenovoTM LegionTM laptops is the world’s first to feature this groundbreaking technology.
- Next-Generation Regulator Efficiency — Next-generation voltage regulators help optimize system design so the GPU runs more efficiently while delivering higher overall performance
- Deep Learning Super Sampling 2.0 — Powered by dedicated AI processors on RTX GPUs called Tensor Cores, DLSS 2.0 is an improved deep learning neural network that boosts frame rates while generating beautiful, sharp images for games. It helps to boosts a game’s performance headroom while maximizing ray-tracing settings with increased output resolution and extending battery life by up to 20 percent.
The Lenovo Legion 5i and the Lenovo Legion Y540 laptops with the RTX 2060 GPU option will be available starting at US$999. Lenovo Legion 7i and Lenovo Legion Y740 laptops with the RTX 2070 GPU will be available starting at US$1199. Availability will vary by region.