- Active USB hub – including AC adapter and four fully powered ports
- Zero-drag mouse bungee – guarantees unrestricted movement
- Your desktop assistant – for device and cable management
- Direct port access – connect any USB device so it’s within reach
- Passive USE possible – thanks to the supplied USB cable
- Secure and stable stand – with ROCCAT-style blue glow
- Part of SDMS – organise your desktop
- Size (approx W x L): 130 mm x 65 mm
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows OS (XP and above) / Mac OS X
- 4 x high-speed USB 2.0 ports
- Output power active (using AC adapter): 2A
- Output power passive (using USB cable): 500mA
- Length of USB cable: 1.5 m
- Length of Power cable: 1.5 m
- Detachable mouse bungee
- 3 LEDs (top) and under-lighting
- Stable tripod design
The ROCCAT Apuri comes in a sleek black box with a transparent plastic covering the front that allows buyers to get a glance of the actual product.
At the back of the box, we can find a more thorough description on the features of the product itself.
Some illustration on the highlighted features of the ROCCAT Apuri is depicted at the left of the box.
A brief description of ROCCAT SDMS (a.k.a Smart Desktop Management System) and technical specifications are on the right side of the box.
What do you get right out of the box?
- ROCCAT Apuri
- PC Adapter
- Mini USB to USB cable
- Quick Installation Guide
The ROCCAT Apuri’s appearance resembles a robot scorpion at first glance, aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
The top of the tripod body has a ROCCAT logo printed in grey, accompanied by 3 blue coloured LED on each sides.
The mouse bungee is detachable, which is an ideal design for gamer who travels around with their peripherals.
The USB hub body has a total of 4 active USB ports ( 2 at the front edge and 2 at the right edge ) , allowing up to 4 USB devices to be plugged in simultaneously.
A jack for the power adapter and a mini USB port is found on the left edge. The USB hub works without the power adapter, but with limited device support as the power supplied only from the USB port where the mini USB to USB cable is plugged to wouldn’t be sufficient to support those extra devices. With the adapter to supply the extra power, more devices may be supported to a certain extent.
The bottom of the ROCCAT Apuri has 3 large rubber feet that keeps it planted firmly on your desk with the combination of the tripod structure which is already very stable at the first place.
The USB hub have some limitations in terms of power that we’ve experienced. Without the power adapter, it is only able to support both standard USB keyboard and mouse, but any USB storage devices that requires extra power i.e: external hard drives will not work. With the power adapter plugged in, it can support the 2 external hard drives we have ( Western Digital My Book USB 2.0 1TB ) as well as our USB keyboard and mouse. However, transfer speeds for the external hard drives are greatly affected due to the limited bandwidth.
- Eye pleasing design and LED illumination
- Stable tripod design with rubber feet to further enhance the grip to your desk
- Detachable mouse bungee for the ease of travel
- Has a built in USB hub that supports up to 4 USB device
- Comes with a power adapter to supply extra power for the USB hub
- Illuminated USB ports for easier USB plug in when you’re in a dark or low light environment
- Easy to install and zero worries of damaging mouse cord
- Comes in only one design
- Rubberized surface is a dust magnet
The ROCCAT Apuri is a worthy product that scores the Tech Critter Silver Award and Recommended Award.