As numerous brands and partners unveil their offerings featuring the latest ‘Meteor Lake’ Intel Core Ultra CPUs, Lenovo has opted for the ThinkPad X1 and IdeaPad Pro 5i and is equipped with the newly announced mobile processors by Intel.
For easier reading, I’ll be attaching a simple specs sheet at the end of every model section.
Let’s begin with a glance at the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 12th Gen. Lenovo has incorporated design enhancements by including tactile markings for improved accessibility. Notable additions consist of:
- Volume Up / Volume Down at F2 / F3
- Insert Key to distinguish from the Delete Key
- Function Key to differentiate from the Control Key
- Enter Key adjustments due to distinct ANSI and ISO layouts
The model also boasts a larger trackpad, now measuring 120mm with physical buttons that is going to help with a more accurate input. The TrackPoint can be double-tapped to activate the Quick Menu for swift access to frequently used functions.
Lenovo has prioritized vision-related features, such as enhanced Computer Vision, a Low Light Enhancer sensor for superior video denoising, an optional 120Hz OLED screen, an optional Communications Bar with an 8MP camera, and more.
- Intel Core Ultra CPU with Arc GPU
- Up to 64GB LPDDR5X RAM
- Up to 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
- Up to 14-inch 120Hz 2.8K OLED Display
- Connectivity: 2x Thunderbolt 4, 2x USB-A 5Gbps, 1x HDMI 2.1, 1x 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Up to Wifi 7 support
For those favoring unconventional working angles, the ThinkPad X1 2-in-1 9th Gen offers the same specs as the former, with the unique feature of a touch-enabled screen that can be adjusted to any desired angle.
On the other hand, individuals seeking a “do all be all” machine can go for the IdeaPad Pro 5i, available in 14-inch and 16-inch variants.
Apart from the Intel Core Ultra CPU, the GPU responsibilities fall on Team Green, featuring the GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU with a 115W TDP.
- Up to Intel Core Ultra 9 with Arc iGPU
- Up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU
- Up to 32GB LPDDR5X RAM
- Up to 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
- Display options: Up to 14-inch 2.8K 120Hz OLED/IPS or Up to 16-inch 2.5K 120Hz OLED/IPS
- Connectivity: 1x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (PD + DP), 1x HDMI 2.1, 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1, 1x SD Card Reader, 1x 3.5mm Audio Jack
- IR FHD Webcam with ToF, Privacy Shutter, Dual Mic Array
Price and Availability
Not sure about local availability in Malaysia but for the global market, these are the timeframe one can expect especially those living in the States.
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon 12th Gen: Starting from USD2,989 (Limited configuration from December, full range from next March)
- ThinkPad X1 2-in-1 9th Gen: Starting from USD2,639 from next March
- IdeaPad Pro 5i: Starting from USD1,149.99