The global network has changed the way our world operates, bringing the issue of secure online presence to the spotlight. When sending any request to the network, every user leaves one’s ‘IP prints’, which helps various business structures track their performance and build targeted advertisements and commercial offers.
One of the best forms to provide anonymous and protected performance online is the usage of residential proxy servers, which protect the online presence of every client. What are the main principles of their functioning, and how do they benefit their users? Let’s get into it.
What Are the Residential Proxies?
Residential proxy servers are the IP addresses that are assigned to residential locations, making them look like ordinary Internet users. Residential proxy servers provide an additional level of security and anonymity during web surfing, making it almost impossible to track and block users’ activities. Besides, residential proxies help to overcome geo-related issues when trying to access the page.
How Do the Residential Proxies Work?
The proxies offer remote IP addresses for the users to hide their sensitive information.
A customer sends a request → a request follows to the proxy IP address → the request proceeds to the website in question.
Such a routine request lets the users reach specific websites, yet, their real IP address will be hidden.
Residential proxies provide the users with proxy addresses that are considered as a part of a residential server. It is linked to a personal computer or a mobile device, which significantly reduces the risks of the IP addresses being blocked, as they are considered genuine.
The majority of residential proxies offer several residential IP addresses to the clients to let them reroute the requests regardless of the location. Since the sensitive data is protected, the users are less susceptible to the malware.
Rotating Residential Proxies
Rotating proxies take the performance to a yet new level, as they feature a large pool of high-quality residential addresses, which are linked to the physical devices. Therefore, the user can always switch the residential IP addresses while accessing numerous websites and collecting the data.
The biggest benefit of rotating residential proxies is the inability to track and block them. When the rotating IPs are used, the website will see the requests from numerous IP addresses in different locations, not one address. If one IP address is blocked, the user switches to a different one, without losing time.
Benefits of Residential Proxy Usage
The numerous benefits proxy servers offer are:
- The users aren’t blocked when accessing web resources for data mining.
- IP address rotation allows the users to send scraping requests bypassing security measures.
- Unlimited access to geo-specific advertising and content.
- Ability to localize the search results, analyze the marketing campaigns, and make sure the advertisements appear in the target locations.
- Unlimited access to streaming platforms that are available in specific countries.
Considering a long list of benefits, the residential proxies may require a higher payment for the usage and a rental agreement.
What Are the Residential Proxies Used For?
As residential IP addresses offer extended service regarding the anonymous usage of the network, they may be put to good use in quite a few spheres:
- Social media management — social media have an extensive influence on our society. Apart from bringing people together, it is a great tool to develop business ideas. Residential proxies allow having several accounts and switching them continuously on one device.
- Market price monitoring — residential proxies help to collect data regarding website visitors, monitor the fluctuation of the prices on the market, and thus, regulate one’s pricing policies, and thus, retain customers.
- Cybersecurity — residential proxies hide the user’s IP address, which is one of the encryption techniques used by cybersecurity.
- Web scraping — residential proxies let the companies monitor the behavior of the competitors without being detected by them. As the IPs are constantly rotated, it is possible to gather and analyze huge chunks of data.
- Ad verification — residential proxies are perfect to use when verifying the ads displayed on the page. It can help to recognize and block malware and suspicious ads, not letting anything undermine the reputation of the company.
- Site unblocking — residential proxies are a treasure trove for the countries where the content is restricted from free access, or just eliminate geo-sensitive limits regarding various platforms.
The Bottom Line
The usage of residential proxies is a perfect solution for those who care about their anonymity and security while surfing the internet. It benefits both individual web surfing and business-oriented activities. By subscribing to a tried-and-tested provider, every user will have an opportunity to perform online activities without being afraid of having the data stolen and used by third-party resources.