- Power button to turn on the system / force shutdown
- Increase the fan speed for extra ventilation (Cooler Boost)
- Launch XSplit Gamecaster for easily recording gaming moments, broadcasting and sharing live gameplay sessions to Twitch, YouTube, UStream and more
- Toggle the LED lighting profile of the keyboard
Upgrading the components such as memory kit, SSD or MXM module is easy with this chassis, but it is advised to bring it over to a MSI certified service center to perform the upgrade if you did not wish to void the 2 year limited warranty covered by MSI Malaysia.
Software: MSI Dragon Center
Key Rollover Test
Graphics performance wise, it’s no doubt that the GTX 1080 packed GT73VR 6RF Titan Pro can handles pretty much any games with ease on 1080p and highest graphics settings, but it seems that 4k resolution is still something that not even a GTX 1080 can handle for now. This is proven during the test, as the GT73VR 6RF Titan Pro started to face some difficulties with games like Crysis 3, GTA 5, The WItcher 3: Wild Hunt especially, which the performance improvement not looking too bright even after we overclocked the GTX 1080 with an additional 253 MHz on the GPU clock. Of course, these titles can still be played on 4k resolution smoothly if you don’t mind lowering the graphics settings.
Cooling performance is excellent and we have nothing much to complaint about except for the slightly increase noise as the result for both cooling fans operating at maximum speed. If you’re worried that having the cooling fans operating at maximum speed will encourage faster dust build up, have no fear as removing the bottom cover to clean up the cooling fans is as easy as pie.
Price wise, the MSI GT73VR 6RF Titan Pro is retailed at the price of RM15,399, which makes it virtually impossible for those who is limited by budget. Still, if you’re one of those gamers who is always on the move and requires a high performing gaming notebook with 4k resolution – and of course, that extra budget to spend on, the MSI GT73VR 6RF Titan Pro is the gaming notebook that are seriously worth of your consideration.
- Very decent cooling performance with CoolerBoost
- Decent graphics performance
- Good overall audio performance
- Improved gaming optimized key matrix
- Generous amount of USB 3.0 ports
- Consider to be future proof with USB Type-C MSI SuperPort (Thunderbolt 3) port
- Cost a bomb
- Limited battery life on high performance mode
- Bulky, not easy to carry around
- Gaming on 4K resolution and highest graphics settings is still too much for the GeForce GTX 1080 to handle