AMD’s latest GPU driver update preps a range of upcoming games so if you’ve preordered some of the games and want to jump in when they come out, be sure to update it right away.
Right off the bat, 4 new games support are now fully optimized, namely Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, The Invincible, and JX3 Ultimate.
For Alan Wake 2 released last week, AMD’s dynamic resolution altering technology Radeon Boost is now ‘LIVE’ and delivers a performance boost through some smart adjustments on the fly.
As for the machine learning techies, DirectML for Stable Diffusion, Adobe Lightroom, DaVinci Resolve, and UL Procyon AI workloads running on the Radeon RX 600M, 700M, 6000, and 7000 series graphics have been improved and optimized as well.
On the other hand, several bugs that could have been “bugging” you for a while have been amended and fixed:
- Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
- Lower than expected performance in Counter Stike 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 7600.
- Intermittent flickering may be observed in Total War: Pharaoh’s menus after changing graphics settings.
- Intermittent flicker may be observed on some textures while playing Alan Wake 2.
- Rebuilding shader cache may be incorrectly required when relaunching Baldur’s Gate 3 using Vulkan API.
- Rebuilding shader cache may be incorrectly required when relaunching Forza Motorsport.
- Intermittent driver crashes while viewing the credits screen after finishing a race in Forza Motorsport.
- Intermittent black screen or code 31 error in device manager after reboot on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.