The PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider is set to launch today and the closed beta for Tom Clancy’s The Division kicks off January 29 to 31. GeForce Gamers are Game Ready with the latest driver release today.
Today Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics released a video to promote the technology in the game. Included in the new Tomb Raider game is support for NVIDIA HBAO+ GameWorks technology for shadowing and shading.
Last week, NVIDIA announced that among the many PC graphics options you’ll discover for Tom Clancy’s The Division is the ability to enable work-in-progress versions of NVIDIA GameWorks technologies NVIDIA HBAO+ and NVIDIA PCSS.
NVIDIA HBAO+ adds realistic Ambient Occlusion shadowing around objects and surfaces, with higher visual fidelity compared to previous real-time AO techniques. HBAO+ adds to the shadows, which adds definition to items in a scene, dramatically enhancing the image quality. HBAO+ is a super-efficient method of modelling occlusion shadows, and the performance hit is negligible when compared to other Ambient Occlusion implementations.
HBAO+ is a very popular technology and has appeared in dozens of games such as Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, World of WarCraft: Warlord of Draenor, Call of Duty: Ghostsand many others.
Up until February 16, gamers who purchase a GeForce GTX 970 or above add-in card or a notebook with a GeForce GTX 970M, 980M or 980 will receive a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. For details on the bundle visit:
- Driver Release Highlights: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/97759/en-us
- HBAO+ on NVIDIA’s developer site: https://developer.nvidia.com/shadowworks
- HBAO+ on GeForce.com: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/hbao-plus
- List of games with HBAO+: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/hbao-plus/games
Rise of the Tomb Raider links:
- GeForce.com tech video article: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-pc-tech-trailer
- GeForce.com Game Ready Driver Article: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-and-tom-clancys-the-division-beta-game-ready-driver
- Recommended GPU Article: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-geforce-gtx-970-recommended
- Bundle info: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-gtx-bundle
Tom Clancy’s The Division Links
- GeForce.com article: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/tom-clancys-the-division-beta-geforce-gtx-970-recommended
- Tom Clancy’s The Division beta FAQ: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/faq/
- Tom Clancy’s The Division beta info: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/beta/index.aspx
- Tom Clancy’s The Division website: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/home/