Plextor, the global leading brand of high-performance digital storage devices, announces the newly-developed PlexTurbo 2.0 intelligent SSD caching utility now supports full range M6 PRO & M6e storage devices.
Dynamic DRAM Usage Allocation
We take a system 16GB worth of DRAM memory as an example, the DRAM Cache will dynamically allocate up to 3.8GB capacity (Maximum) for caching purposes and the RMU (Reduced Memory Usage) will free up the memory resources when the system is in idle mode.
*The RMU will either be less than 4K or greater than 10MB, without exceeding 200MB maximum. *The Write Through Plus (WTP) occupied capacity may vary.
Behind the Scene
- When first time writing to the SSD, the data will be written in the RAM Cache simultaneously
- If the data written in the LEM is different from the data currently in the RAM Cache, the data is ready to be written to SSD
- If there’s any data match any pattern, RMU will accumulate write tasks and execute them all at once (for pattern which is usually larger than 10MB or less than 4KB, and Maximum will not exceed 200MB)
- If there’s no match, WTP will issue a write command and a “task executed” notice to the APP. This Plexturbo technology will be much fast than writing the data to SSD directly.
IBE - Intelligent Boost Engine®
- When the APP received a Read or Write command, a matching process will start to compare the data to be written with the data in RAM Cache. If there’s any match, IBE will be activated.
- If there’s any matched data (New or Old), IBE will make that particular pattern as hot data and make it the first position. The hot data line update will be updated.
- Through out time, any hot data may get pushed back and become cold date. That particular data pattern will be removed from RAM Cache by IBE.
SSD w/ PlexTurbo 2.0
Plextor’s M6 PRO with PlexTurbo Redefines the SATA SSD Speed 10X+ times the speed of SATA 6Gb/s
PlexTurbo 2.0 supported Storage Devices
- M6 PRO SATA SSD
- M6e PCIe SSD (HHHL)
- M6e M.2 2280 PCIe SSD
- M6e Black Edition PCIe SSD (HHHL)